Saturday 29 November 2008

BM Hill: Resuming my exercise

It has been two months since I last went up the Bukit Mertajam Hill. I haven't been lazy. In fact, I've been mopping around because I miss the weekly ritual. But the reason why I stopped my exercise is because I've been suffering from pain in my left heel. It has been quite tender and I believe it's either the tendon or the ligament that's giving me this problem. Walking had been difficult and I had to resort to wearing slip-ons to the office.

Anyway, I've been applying an ointment from the clinic as well as wearing a protective ankle guard. The condition has improved considerably and I'm back to wearing my office shoes.

I took a chance today to go up the BM Hill again. Gosh, what a relief that the ankle felt all right. I made it to the tea hut and decided to walk a few more hundred metres beyond. But most probably, I'll still refrain from making too many climbs. I'll need to save my knees and ankles for other adventures too.

It was quite misty as I went up at about 4.45pm. When I'm close to nature, nothing excites me more than to enjoy the mist as it swirls down the hill. Have always enjoyed the mist at Penang Hill, Maxwell Hill, Genting Highlands, Fraser's Hill and Cameron Highlands. Chalk BM Hill into the list. The mist could have been thicker but really, I can't complain.

No comments: