Tuesday 4 August 2009

Firefly, here I come!

Okay, so it will be the Firefly that I'll be taking on my trip down to Kuala Lumpur tomorrow.

I'll be reliving a very old experience as I can't remember the last time that I sat in a turboprop aircraft but I do know that it was from a trip between the east coast and Subang. Was it from Kuantan to Subang, or was it from Kuala Terengganu to Subang? Nevertheless, it was early 1980's when I was still doing some exploratory work for Ban Hin Lee Bank. It was a Malaysia Airlines flight and I remember the Fokker-50 aircraft made a lot of noise on take-off. But very comfortable ride once the plane was in the air. Plush seats and ample legroom. Can I be expecting the same treatment from Firefly which, after all, is Malaysia Airlines' subsidiary company?

P.S. One of my colleagues flew by Firefly this morning and he texted me: "Firefly penang subang is great. Check in bag waiting for me just inside door at subang. Short queue for taxi. In taxi at 8.20am reach office 9am." And later, he messaged me: "firefly check-in in penang was about 60 seconds. i was there at 6am for 7.15 flight. no one else in queue but plane was maybe 75% full" Great news. Can hardly wait for my turn.

No comments: