Monday 19 December 2011

NZ travelogue: Archway Motel, Wanaka



We stayed two nights at the Archway Motel in Wanaka. Okay, lah, it's not five-stars or even four-stars but it was a decent enough place, professionally run by husband-and-wife team Bridgit and Paul Parker. Big, comfortable room with both heater and electric blanket. There's WiFi available but it's not free. I bought four hours from them, costing me NZD8, which allowed me to catch up with all the news from home.


But there's one small incident which I think visitors should take heed of. No big deal but still significant enough in my opinion. Because we were staying there for two nights, we had expected the operator to provide us with a fresh bottle of milk on each of the two nights. Everywhere else that we stayed in New Zealand, we were given a complimentary bottle of milk every night (or every day, depending on your view point). Thus, I was a little surprised when Paul told me that their policy was to give only one bottle regardless of the duration of stay but I could of course buy extra bottles from them at a reduced price. I didn't want to argue with him but I think this must be pointed out. The expectations were there.





No comments: