Tuesday 23 July 2013

Long road to KL


I can't exactly remember the last time I ever drove to Kuala Lumpur and back. Must be quite a long time ago. Possibly more than a year because if I were to go down to Kuala Lumpur nowadays, I'd prefer to take the inter-city train.

Just the last weekend, I found myself having to travel to Kuala Lumpur again but since the train tickets for the sleeping berths were all sold out, I decided that this was perhaps the time to take the Prius C for its first long-distance spin. Finally!

So on Sunday, my wife and I set off from home at about eight o'clock in the morning. We filled up the tank at the petrol station near Simpang Ampat which was to be the reference point for our petrol consumption.

I must say that it was a most leisurely, pleasurable and smooth drive with us working the cruise control on the vehicle so that we could take our foot off the petrol pedal most of the time. The interior was so well insulated from the external noise that I really enjoyed my type of music all the way, wife's complaints not withstanding. By 12.30p.m., we had reached the Cititel at MidValley.

Similarly for the return drive, we left the hotel at 2.30p.m. on Monday and reached the same petrol station in Simpang Ampat at seven o'clock in the evening.

All in, we covered a distance of 666 kilometres and spent RM55 on petrol and RM84 on highway toll. Another RM3 on toll along the Sprint highway. I still remember moaning away that the cost of petrol with the Avanza was something like RM120 every time that we drove to and fro Kuala Lumpur. Thus, the RM55 spent on the Prius C was a revelation. It worked out to be something like 23 kilometres per litre of petrol.



No comments: