Sunday 18 March 2018

Four months to deliver



I arrived back home from a four-day trip from Singapore this afternoon to find this parcel on the table. "It arrived last Friday," my wife told me. So I ripped it open to find that at long last, my copy of Eric Berne's Games People Play had arrived.

I had almost given up on it. The book was ordered from Amazon.com on 17 Nov 2017 and despatched two days later with the delivery estimated between the 12th and 16th of January 2018. How wrong they were! I waited. And waited. And waited. The weeks passed after 16th January but I was too busy to inform Amazon.com that I hadn't received it yet.

Just a week ago, my wife asked me about the book and I told her that it could have been misplaced in the post. Such was the risk nowadays. "I'll write to Amazon when I get back from Singapore," I had assured her. So imagine my pleasant surprise when I saw the parcel on the table. All in, it had taken four months, almost to the day, to arrive at my doorstep.

No comments: