Saturday 18 September 2021

Fook Chin's tale

I was very surprised - pleasantly surprised - to see this unsolicited comment in the ExBHLBankers facebook page today. A comment from a former colleague who bought a copy of my book, Ten Thousand Prosperities: The Story of Ban Hin Lee Bank, to read. Thought I'd share it here as it had made my day:

I found Chapter VII - ACROSS THE CAUSEWAY, to be most insightful. Since it is in Singapore, many of the facts and happenings are not known to many of us here. I found the establishment of the branch, its day to day working and the war years to be most interesting and how the branch was relocated a few times.

Furthermore, I found the TIMELINE from 1885 right up to 2000 to be an excellent source of historical reference.

Hats off to Seng Sun who has done a marvellous job in writing this book "The Story of Ban Hin Lee Bank" to serve as a record for posterity.

No comments: