Friday 17 September 2021

Music events and music makers

Many people buy books based on a wide variety of subject matter. I know, I know, I already have tons of books on chess. However, I also have books on many other subjects such as my books about Penang heritage and history, my books about Malaysian politics, my books about Chinese literature (but translated into the English language), my books about financial planning, my books about careers, resumes and job search, my dictionary books, my books about metaphysics, my books about Buddhism and even my Penang nyonya or rather in general, Chinese cook books. 

There's also one more interesting subject matter for me and that is my collection of books about music and music makers; this last one actually complementing my large collection of vinyl records and compact discs. When I looked through this pile today, I realised that there were still two more titles that were left out  - two paperback books bought when I was still schooling and in college. They could be in the storeroom.

But here are the ones I have to show for now. Five of them are reference material while the others were written about events or musicians and bands. In particular, I found that the most interesting book by far was Is That It? which was written by Bob Geldof on his Life Aid journey to raise funds for Ethiopian famine relief.


The book covers

No comments: